Thursday 3 June 2010

My Home Town - Carrickfergus!

I was brought up in the seaside town of Carrickfergus, which is around 12 miles north of Belfast in Northern Ireland.  Some of the things that I love most about it is... 
  • It has a superb coastline setting along Belfast Lough with views to Scotland, home to a wide diversity of wildlife, including seals, eagles and guillemots
  • an imposing and renowned 12th Century Norman Castle that overshadows an ancient Harbour
  • an historic town centre, enclosed within 16th century stone walls, complemented by contemporary shops, cafes and restaurants
  • smart public promenades, walkways, parks and piazzas with public art and stunning civic floral displays, multiple winner of 'Ulster in Bloom'
  • an impressive and vibrant new Marina and Waterfront development
My wee town has come a long way over the last few years and I have seen many changes since I returned here, after living in Manchester for almost 10 years.  Hopefully the town will continue to flourish!


No comments:

Post a Comment